The Onsite Executive Team Briefing and resulting Integration Strategy "Flight Plan"
put the puzzle pieces together..
Executive Briefing Format
- This is a roll-up-the-sleeves workshop... NOT a sales pitch.
- Two – Four Hour Executive Meeting - Preferably beginning at 9:00am, when everyone is "sharp".
- Selected Executives, including HR, IT, Legal, Financial, Marketing/Sales, and Operations, from the Acquiring Company.
- Target Company Executive member attendance is optional.
- Consider a hotel conference room or other off-site location
- For confidentiality purposes
- To FOCUS the executive team on this integration project
- Review the deal drivers and anticipated planned synergies.
- Determine the level of integration by each functional area.
- Plan high-level Day 1 activities and 100 Day integration milestones.
- Review internal/external communications plans.
- Identify risk factors/mitigation by functional area.
- Review the process for retention of key employees.
- Identify company cultural differences.
- Review the impact of IT Integration across functional areas.
- Identify Integration Team Members with roles and responsibilities
Executive Briefing Deliverables
The results of this high-level meeting will be captured in an Integration Project "Flight Plan" that documents the collective thinking of the executive team. This 5-10 page document may then be used as a guide for subsequent planning and follow-on functional area integration strategy meetings and workshops. The management team will take away a solid, informed methodology for the post-deal transition to:
- Ensure leadership team understanding and stakeholder ownership around key acquisition post-close priorities.
- Identify at a high-level, the program organization and where internal and external resources may be required.
- Obtain an understanding of the pace and sequencing of critical tasks to assure the capture of deal synergies.
- Generate ideas on how to keep critical talent in place and get the most out of the potential acquired company's management organization.
- Gain alignment on key risks and remediation going forward.
- Identify approaches for communicating the appropriate information to employees, customers, vendors and other stakeholders.
This high-energy session will define the who, what, when and where of the upcoming post merger integration project, making sure that all of the executives are on the same page.