Joshua R. Gould - MBA, MSCE, BSCE
P: 800-816-9630 x 715
Joshua is a senior executive with 20+ years of experience and has an established track record which includes completing multiple successful global acquisitions collectively valued at several hundred million dollars. He built a process to prioritize companies to align with his firm’s strategic objectives, cultivated and analyzed acquisition targets, and successfully integrated acquired companies. Joshua developed the strategic vision to enter adjacent markets through M&A, initiated discussions, completed white papers, presented opportunities to CEO, and led due diligence teams and post-merger integration processes. He was responsible for identifying and evaluating acquisitions and new strategic opportunities globally for a billion dollar plus division of a diversified, multi-billion-dollar public company. Joshua also significantly increased business through numerous bolt-on and adjacent acquisitions and multiple strategic partnerships while developing aspects of his companies’ strategic plans. Additionally, Joshua has P&L experience as he ran two business units, both of which involved acquired companies, so he understands what is required to run a business.
- General Management: (1) Led $25M transmission remanufacturer with full P&L as part of $60M franchisor and achieved successful PE exit. Grew 100%+ over 3 years through quality, distribution, and service enhancements combined with new sales strategies. (2) Ran $50M Automation BU with P&L. Grew 25%+ each year was driven by new products and go-to-market deployment while consolidating development and platforms to manage cost.
- Business Leadership: (1) Increased profit 500 bps in the 1st year through the leadership of the saw blade BU. Created segmentation strategy, consolidated U.S. operations, & drove cost reductions while selling to large format retailers, independents, and the industrial channel. (2) Led global dispenser marketing & development with sales of $300M+. Launched multiple new products while rationalizing portfolio to eliminate redundancies.
- Business Development / Strategy: Achieved a 60% sales increase over two years to $110 million for an international manufacturer of industrial electrical products. Analyzed and identified the telecommunications industry as a profitable new market opportunity, including products to develop and companies to evaluate for acquisition or partnership.
- Lean Manufacturing: Implemented factory-wide lean manufacturing, including 5-S, cell setup, standard work, one-piece flow, point of use inventory, kanban material planning, and key performance indicators to drive safety, quality, delivery, and cost improvements.
AMERICAN CAPITAL LTD (American Driveline OpCo), Atlanta, GA - Franchisor for the AAMCO & Cottman automotive brands; Transmission remanufacturing
Vice President & General Manager, Global Powertrain Systems
Led the new $25M transmission remanufacturing business, managing development, manufacturing, and selling of transmissions to franchisees and outside customers with full P&L responsibility. Grew 100%+ through new product development, superior quality, expanded distribution, and innovative marketing programs in order convert franchise business while driving adoption in the general repair and fleet channels. Private Equity exit Dec 2016.
Vice President, Technical, AAMCO
Assumed management of AAMCO’s technical department and improved call response while delivering additional support such as video webinar training, remote vehicle services, new transmission training material, and partner-supported field training.
DANAHER CORPORATION (Gilbarco Veeder-Root Division: $1.2B), Greensboro, NC Global manufacturer of fuel dispensing, payment, point-of-sale equipment and service
Vice President & General Manager, Global Automation Business Unit
Ran the $50M Automation Business with responsibility for product design and development, quality, marketing, commercialization, and sales of Gilbarco’s Automation portfolio around the world. Managed 90+ people at 3 development centers (India, Denmark, New Zealand) and commercial teams located regionally. 2012 sales grew 30%+ and 2013 up 25% with gains across the portfolio driven by new product introduction and regional commercial initiatives.
Vice President, Business Development / M&A
Significantly increased business through numerous bolt-on and adjacent acquisitions and multiple strategic partnerships while developing parts of Gilbarco’s strategic plan. Assessed markets, identified, cultivated and valued companies, wrote and presented white papers, led due diligence, and set integration plans. Completed multiple acquisitions worth > $200M.
Operations Management Rotation Assignment – 3 roles
Focused Factory Manager for meters and die cast operations. Managed area supervisor, engineer, materials planner, and quality engineer to drive lean conversion and meet quality, delivery, and cost targets. Increased capacity 50% to meet demand while improving quality.
Led Danaher Business System for Gilbarco. Organized over 20 kaizens, trained associates, and ensured completion and sustainment, leading to productivity, quality, and delivery gains.
Supervised production of 20,000 pumps annually with 85 union operators staffing 3 lines.
Drove improvements in quality (+ 35%), cost (+ 10%), and delivery (+5%). Led lean conversion including standard work, 5-S, kanban, one-piece flow, and KPI tracking.
Global Platform Leader (Director), Product Marketing
Managed directly a global product team of 8 and indirectly development, manufacturing, and commercial resources responsible for $300M+ fuel dispensing business; Measured by sales, profitability, and meeting product development commitments. Set the strategic plan and achieved gains in sales (+10%), share (+2 pts), and margin (+4 pts).
Senior Global Product Manager
Responsible for technology development, market analysis & segmentation, concept generation, project management, commercialization, and product launch. Deliverables included sales, profitability, and on-time delivery of new fuel dispensing technology.
EMERSON ELECTRIC / BOSCH (Power Tools: $250M), Louisville, KY Global manufacturer of power tools and power tool accessories
Senior Global Product Manager
Responsible for sales & profitability, launching new lines, and managing the existing portfolio while increasing margin. Sold to large scale retailers, independents, and industrial channel. Performed market & competitive analysis to identify new segments of the industry to target and unmet consumer needs to attack. Supervised two product managers.
EMERSON ELECTRIC (Liebert Division: $1B) Columbus, OH
Global manufacturer of precision air conditioning and uninterruptible power supplies
Strategic Planning & Business Development Manager
Responsible for identifying and evaluating acquisitions and new strategic opportunities globally. Acquired 2 companies, valued at over $100M, while evaluating many strategic opportunities. Assisted in developing strategic growth plan and presentation.
- MBA, Cornell University - General management and business strategy - Lester B. Knight Scholar & Fellowship Award
- Master of Civil Engineering, Cornell University
- B.S., Civil Engineering, Tufts University - Magna Cum Laude; Dean’s List - Six Semesters; BSCE Student Scholarship Award