Marty Jensen - TEP, AIFA, RF-QTO, CEFEX
Chairman - Boards of Advisors
P: 800-816-9630 x 703
Mr. Jensen has over 35 years of executive leadership in comprehensive wealth management, practice management, sales, distribution and technology platforms in the financial services industry. His duties have covered a broad range of executive, front line, and field management experiences, dealing with multi-disciplinary, collaborative national growth priorities. His former clients have included Broker-Dealers, RIA’s, Insurance, Financial Intermediaries, Family Offices, Non-Profit Foundations, Trusts and Estate Planning clients-advisors-enterprises, in both domestic and international markets.
He has lectured on Fiduciary and Wealth Management topics to a myriad of Trade Conferences and Graduate Business Schools including Harvard, Wharton, Cornell, UCLA and Yale.
Core Competency’s and Areas of Accomplishments
- 35 years of field sales and executive management experience with wealth management services.
- RIA and Fiduciary industry leadership to a wide variety of investors, advisors and investment platforms.
- Extensive business development with investors and advisors and C-suites, across all channels.
- Practice management, training, recruiting and team development. Enhancing business valuations.
- Global distribution roles with alternative investments, private equity, domestic and offshore products.
- Extensive experience providing advanced stewardship services to global multi family offices and heirs.
2003 - Present United Management Group CEO / Managing Director-Global Multi Family Office
Offering comprehensive Global Trust, Protector and Fiduciary best practices via International Network of Comprehensive Wealth Management, Trust and Family Office services to: HNW families, RIA’s, Attorneys, Asset Managers, Trustees, Investors and BD’s. Other highlights include the following:
- Currently Managing Partner of efficientpractice.com and Caribbean Trust International
- Former Managing Director with Alliance Trust Company, a Nevada Charter Corporate Trustee
- Served as Practice Management Director for the RIA channel; highlandfunds.com
- Accredited analyst with cefex.org and www.fi360.com as an AIFA for fiduciary assessments.
- Former Independent Director of an Orange County broker dealer’s Investment Banking Group
- Former Managing Director-Wealth Management Group for National RIA/Independent Broker Dealer.
2000 – 2003 ING Advisors - SMA’s / ING Funds Managing Director
Managing Director - “RIA / Private Client / Wealth Management” subsidiary of ING/Americas.
National Sales Manager with ING Advisors (SMA’s) for firm’s institutional and private client accounts.
Served as the “SMA, UMA, Offshore and Alternative Investments” specialist for ING of the Americas.
Supported over 40 fund wholesalers through the RIA and Broker-Dealer research channels for SMA’s.
- Led sales teams in cultivating over $500 million in private accounts thru all advisor channels.
- Responsible for $300 million book of clients and special projects for President of ING Funds.
- Directed firm’s SMA’s, offshore funds and alternative products activities targeting NRA’s.
1990 - 2000 PRIME - Advisory Network / RIA CEO and President - RIA
Provided comprehensive array of advisor consulting and training services to broker-dealer, advisors and investors. Services included: strategic planning, product development, recruiting, sales training and wholesaling support. Managed an RIA private client practice providing: “Prudent Expert” guidance to: Investors, CPA’s, Attorneys and Plan Administrators on SMA / UMA and Fiduciary / Trusts issues.
- Industry RIA expert on practice management and all types of SMA & TAMP wrap programs
- Assisted in directing over $5 Billion AUM through R.I.A. wealth management platforms
- President of “Institute of Investment Management Consultants” (IIMC), later merged with IMCA. Industry liaison to Money Management Institute and Hedge Fund Association
1989 - 1990. Wells Fargo Advisors (Prudential Inv. Mgt.) West Coast Regional Director
Developed a regional sales force in selling private investment services to high net worth investors and trustees. Provided; sales management, research, recruiting and training for advisors.
- Increased SMA / Trust assets-under-management in region from $50mm to over $250mm.
- Increased broker participation by over 350% (35 advisors in ’89 to 120 in ‘90).
1981 - 1988 Morgan Stanley Smith Barney (E.F. Hutton) Served in successive positions
1986 – 1988 Trusts & Consulting Services Group Western Regions Divisional Director
Responsible for recruiting and managing the sales staff throughout four regions; with 120 branches and 2500 financial consultants.
Supervised the selling of Trusts services and investment management programs to corporate trustees, foundations, NRA’s and the high net worth marketplace.
Executive Director-International Sales of SMA consulting platform for foreign branch distribution
Co-directed West divisions; creating 25 % annual growth in revenues and assets under management.
Assisted brokers in raising over $3 Billion in new assets. Led nation in advisor training programs.
1983 - 1986 National Sales Developer New York, NY
Responsible for developing national training, sales and target marketing programs in a wide variety of investment products and trusts services for branch managers and brokers. Developed firmwide research strategies for comprehensive wealth management programs and fiduciary market niches
Managed national MBA and Trusts Officers’ recruitment program for two years.
Served as acting branch manager in numerous cities across the U.S.
Led national practice management and research programs for closely held business owners
Lectured on the securities industry at Harvard, Wharton, UCLA and Cornell.
1981 - 1983 Financial Consultant Long Beach, CA
Established investment advisory practice comprised primarily of affluent families and closely held business owners. Provided comprehensive planning and wealth management services.
Developed $50 million private clientele/ trusts services practice. Ranked in top 25% of class.
Selected to participate in elite “Fast Track” executive management program.
Credentialed Hutton Portfolio Manager
EDUCATION/ REGISTRATIONS / CERTIFICATIONS
BS Business Administration - University of Nebraska
Licenses; Current Series 7, 63, Prior 65 & 66, Life Insurance, Clean U-4
AFFILIATIONS - PAST AND PRESENT
- IIMC- Institute of Investment Management Consultants- Co-founder, past President
- cefex.org - one of 60 CEFEX analysts in North America
- fi360.com - one of 800 AIFA analysts in north America
- dalbar.com - one of 4 Dalbar R.F.QTO’s; Qualified Training Organizations
- adisa.org - served on education, ethics, family offices and legislative committee’s
- thunderbird,edu - co-founded the inaugural Global Wealth Management Conference
- nami.org - Director of Philanthropy and Development for Northern Nevada