SUMMARY OF QUALIFICATIONS
- 20+ years leading strategic programs for Fortune 500, mid-market, and “start-up” companies
- Strong focus on M&A strategy and operations, improving due diligence and integration effectiveness
- Deep experience in Software, High Tech and Health Care Industries
- Exceptional communication skills, both written and verbal, working with Senior Executives and Staff
- Global experience spanning the Asia Pacific Region, Europe and the US
M&A Strategy and Operations
- Avast (Formerly AVG Technologies): As the Sr. Director, M&A Integration, I established the framework and processes for future diligence and acquisition integration efforts, providing direction to all functional leaders, and served as an advisor to our Executive Team.
- Developed a new framework, governance structure, and M&A integration playbook for guiding future M&A efforts focused on: Customer Experience, Employee Experience and Operational Readiness.
- Led the business transformation efforts of our SMB unit, including several older acquisitions, to improve efficiency across Order to Cash processes and transition to a new billing platform (Digital River).
- PayPal, Inc.: I led the integration of PayPal’s largest acquisition ($1.2 billion).
- Led two integration planning workshops (pre-Close) to ensure collaboration between PayPal and the acquired company, identify cross-functional dependencies, communicate risks and mitigation plans, and establish key milestones and timelines.
- Worked closely with Communications and HR team to ensure a smooth employee transition post-Close.
- Cisco Systems, Inc.: As part of Cisco’s Development Organization, I led the integration of several key hardware and software acquisitions.
- Managed several key acquisitions for Cisco, focusing on the operational diligence and integration of acquired products and technologies, engineering organizations and development environments.
- Created key operational processes and authored integration playbooks in the areas of Product & Technology Integration, Engineering Development Integration and Employee Functional On-boarding.
- Defined framework for enabling internal “start-ups”, working with Corporate & Business Development.
- Autodesk: I managed the integration of a $300 million acquisition with 300 employees in 32 international offices over 10 months; Worked with Corporate Development to streamline diligence and integration processes and tools, revise integration playbook, and improve communication and training.
- Guided and supported integration project team in the functional areas of Finance (P2P, R2R, QTC), Operations Legal, Product Development, Sales, Marketing, Service & Support, IT, HR and Facilities.
- Philips Medical Systems: As a Sr. Manager with KPMG, Managed Asia Pacific Region of global integration and carve-out of $1.7 billion acquisition (2001).
- Managed project managers in Australia, New Zealand, India, Singapore, Hong Kong, Korea, and Japan who worked with functional teams, including: Human Resources, Finance, Supply Chain, IT and Legal.
- Coordinated across KPMG and PMS leadership teams in the U.S, Europe, and Asia to build integration playbook, and to discuss and resolve integration issues and determine next steps.
- Managed several projects in support of M&A activities in technology, healthcare, and financial services.
- Provided operational due diligence analysis in support of deal to purchase the manufacturing and technology assets of an entertainment company.
- Audited corporate development practices of an enterprise software company, assessed success of due diligence and business integration activities and advised company on best practices.
- Reviewed legal agreements with customers, partners and vendors as part of the financial and operational due diligence of a pharmaceutical company’s proposed acquisition.
High Tech Business Transformation
- Panasas, Inc.: Analyzed and implemented opportunities to improve operations.
- Partnered with VP of Operations and team of engineers, service, and sales managers to redesign processes to improve accuracy of forecasting, better manage inventory, and improve product quality.
- Resulted in Operations Team being the only team that met or exceeded its goals for 1st and 2nd quarter—decreasing failure rate, reducing product cost, and decreasing days of inventory on hand.
- Cisco Systems, Inc.: Co-led initiative focused on simplifying Cisco’s Product Development Methodologies.
- Developed program strategy and design, led the creation of a virtual policy library, reform of the CPDM governance structure, and developed a comprehensive change management plan.
- Apple Inc.: Developed plan to make improvements to internal Order to Cash and Supply Chain processes.
Strategy and Business Development
- As part of the management team at KPMG Consulting: One year new business development resulted in over $25 million in Sales; Developed new alliance relationships with technology and consulting partners to expand offerings.
- As Interim President of a project management tools and software start-up, developed financial models, product development, marketing and operational plans resulting in the launch of a new business entity.
MBA - University of Chicago, Booth School of Business, M.B.A. Chicago, IL
Concentrations in Finance and Health Administration and Policy
B.A., Art History - Smith College Northampton, MA
Dean’s List 1986-87, 1988-89
Harvard University, Visiting Undergraduate Student, Cambridge, MA