The "Go-To M&A Resource"
Cybersecurity - Technology - Human Resources - Financial -
Integration Leaders - Marketing/Sales - Supply Chain - Legal -
Manufacturing - Strategy - Logistics
Let us help make your M&A deals successful.
Private Equity Firms - We provide due diligence assistance and serve as the Operating Partner's "Go-To M&A Resource" in onboarding platform companies and integrating their add-ons. Providing a disciplined leadership structure, experienced M&A personnel, checklists, tools, and templates is especially critical during the first 100 days so that the Operating Partner can focus on growth, efficiencies and overall corporate management.
PE Portfolio Companies - As with any acquisition, add-ons pose their own challenges. Increased portfolio complexity, personnel integration, as well as portfolio strategy selection and execution, are common challenge areas encountered by PE firms. We work with the PE operating partners and the management of portfolio companies, on an as-needed basis to make the integration successful.
Family Offices - Similar to PE Firms, Family Offices may pursue add-on acquisitions for their portfolio companies. Often, the management of the portfolio companies is ill-equipped to manage a full-blown post-merger integration effort. This is where our services are able to ease the transition and help make the deal successful.
Senior M&A Professionals
Although our primary focus is in the integration phase, our professionals have years of experience in due diligence and functional area optimization.
While pursuing and integrating new acquisitions, company management must juggle strategy, organization, staffing, systems, and culture, on top of keeping the day-to-day business performing. Our Team of M&A professionals is available to assist on a part-time/full-time basis, especially during due diligence and the critical first 100 days post-close.
Our professionals bring the multi-faceted perspective that comes from extensive direct client-side leadership, acquisition program experience, and experience as third-party consultants. However, unlike the large consulting firms, we do not push the staffing pyramid model where clients pay for inexperienced staff and get cameo appearances by senior talent. Instead, we provide senior professionals directly for our clients’ projects.
Typical Engagement Scenarios
Below are typical scenarios where our senior-level team members may serve as leaders for these due diligence, M&A integration, and corporate optimization projects:
- Merger Integration Leader – PE firm, that is acquiring 2 companies in the professional services industry, is combining them into a newly branded entity.
- Carve-Out Leader – PE firm is acquiring and carving-out a manufactured product division of a Fortune 500 company over a period of 1 year.
- Interim CFO – Portfolio company quickly needs an interim CFO for several months while recruiting and onboarding a permanent CFO.
- Marketing/Sales/Support Segmentation Leader – Growing manufacturing company recognizes that their “one size fits all” approach is not working and needs to segment their customer base for better client results and increased profitability.
- IT and HR Due Diligence Leaders – Company that has been aggressively acquiring private schools for the past 2 years needs analysis of inherited disparate IT and HR systems and development of a cohesive go-forward plan.
- Interim CIO/Cybersecurity Leader – National residential property management company needs interim CIO with cybersecurity focus for rapidly expanding property portfolio.
- ERP Implementation Leader – Established company in the fabric printing industry, positioning itself for sale in 2 years, needs to source and implement an ERP system to replace their “homegrown” version.
- Supply Chain Leader – PE firm evaluating the acquisition of a platform company in the metal fabrication industry needs due diligence assistance evaluating the target's supply chain process since numerous add-ons are anticipated.
Detailed Brochures Below - Download, Review and/or Print
Today's companies are lean. We work with our clients to handle their hot M&A projects without letting their core businesses cool off. Our accelerated due diligence and integration approach helps to quickly realize deal synergies, allowing a swift return to "business as usual".
The management of the first 100 days of an M&A integration project is critical, in that the success or failure of the deal is heavily dependent upon actions taken during this brief time period. Our goal is to assist our clients with the professional expertise and management tools that are essential to successfully recognizing the value of their deals.
In addition to our strong project management skills, our Workstream
Leadership Services may be needed at the organizational level to actually perform many of the integration-related tasks, rather than just coordinating them and reporting on their status to company executives.
An M&A Integration Playbook is a project management tool that enables serial acquirers to systematically plan and deliver deals post-closing. Consider it to be a “toolbox” that contains relevant sections that can be selected to address the issues of a particular acquisition.
Companies sometimes choose to realign their business models and carve out divisions, subsidiaries or specific business operations. We can provide support throughout the divestiture process in working with our clients to develop carve-out plans to execute a timely separation of the divested business.