Norman - CPA, CPIM, MBA
Norman is a CFO/Financial Manager with upwardly progressive experience leading and building financial operations, internal controls and reporting processes. This also included responsibility for revenue recognition, general accounting, cash management, equity accounting, tax compliance, and month-end close processes. He also has financial planning & analysis in manufacturing, construction, distribution businesses with multiple locations including international.
For 15 years Norman was CFO and VP - Operations with Mechoshade Systems (dba MechoSystems). MechoSystems is a technology company that happens to be in the business of window roller shading. Energy conservation, environmental sustainability thru software-controlled, automated-shading systems. Primary markets are commercial, institutions, & government. He had hands-on M&A experience when, in 2015, MechoSystems was purchased by Springs Window Fashions (owned by Golden Gate private equity). A plan was launched to consolidate MechoSystem’s back office & manufacturing from New York/Arizona to Wisconsin/Mexico. After the sale of the business, he was Sr. VP of Operations and Finance where he:
- Responsible for implementing post-acquisition, organization(s) integration
- Developed & implemented plans to relocate accounting; finance; IT; administration; HR; & procurement to Wisconsin.
- Served as the financial officer for divestiture; evaluate deal/valuation calculations; acquisition price, due diligence,
- Established corporate & facility level Human Resource departments: hired HR Manager(s); Recruiter. Developed strategies: benefit plans, recruitment practices, compensation strategy, retention plan design,
- Created and lead compensation committee to develop company-wide salary & benefits strategy for all hourly and salaried employees;
- Served on Board of Directors – Mechoshade Asia, Ltd.; as CFO/VP Operations – JB Industries, Inc. (parent holding company); MSS, Inc.; MechoWest, Inc.; Mechoshade UK, Ltd. (affiliates)
- A senior member of the leadership team responsible for site selection, contract negotiations, financing, construction, fit out, staffing, startup: Edison, NJ manufacturing plant; Phoenix, AZ manufacturing plant; London, U.K. plant and corporate office; and complete renovation of Queens, NY corporate offices,
- Managed intra-company network linking 16 domestic and 2 international locations – voice & data,
- Project Manager for ERP software needs analysis, evaluation, selection, implementation: Infor, Frontier, & Oracle software,
- Directed internal proceedings on legal matters – HR, product liability, etc.- liaison with law firms.
EDUCATION / CERTIFICATIONS
MBA, University of Dayton, Dayton, OH
BA - Accounting, Tiffin University, Tiffin, OH
CPIM (Certified in Production & Inventory Management – APICS)