- Al Ansari has over 20 years of expertise in mergers and acquisitions, general and executive management, strategic planning and partnerships, outsourcing and management consulting. His latest accomplishments include the completion of six divestitures, one joint venture and eight M&A deals with US and international footprint, totaling $2.5 billion as well as the establishment of an M&A Center of Excellence for VMWare.
- Prior to his employment at VMWare, Al successfully executed over 72 M&A/Divestiture and Integration deals for companies such as eBay, VeriSign, SanDisk, AWT, and more (total of $25 billion and integration saving of $800 million).
- Al excels at building the M&A pipeline, with clear alignment between business strategic objectives driven by business and technology leaders and target acquisitions. In his past experience, he led cross-functional teams to evaluate and prioritize new opportunities and analyze market, technology, revenue, and customer synergies. He has built business models of proposed transactions and performed valuation analyses such as Discounted Cash Flow (DCF) and market comparable.
- Al conducted multiple due diligence activities with seller brokers such as investment bankers, VCs, Private Equities and other sources, reviewed teaser executive summary, signed CA, delivered detailed memorandum and initial procedures letters and indications of interest received (LOI/SOI), set up the data room to review Legal, Financial, HR, and other documents, etc.
- He worked closely with the Executive team sponsoring the deals and the cross-functional team to draft, review and sign definitive agreement documents including Transaction terms, Representations, and Warranties (MACs), Pre-closing commitments and termination provisions.
- His most recent accomplishment was four post integration projects for Rambus helping in the following areas:
- Led preparation of Board reports and management presentations to Board, investors, bankers, and partners.
- Translated strategic objectives to Business and Operation plan of record.
- Established Integration Management Office, Governance, and Processes. Led Integration Management office to provide strategic planning activities including the development of core share services (Finance, Legal, IT, Facility and HR), Go to Market (Sales and Corporate Marketing), Product Development (Engineering, Product Marketing) and Infrastructure enablement (Order management, Quality, Supply Management and EDA).
- Al also collaborated on the establishment of a VMware M&A Center of Excellence in the area of IT, HR, Go To Market (GTM), Route to Market (RTM), and Finance (Governance, Playbooks, process alignment, 0180 days post close activities).
Education / Certifications
- Advanced Project Management degree from Stanford University,
- Master of Science - Computer Sciences - Middle Tennessee State University
- BS degree - Econometrics and Finance from Tehran University.