Wes brings over 18 years experience supporting mergers and acquisitions, including carve-outs, and establishing divisions as stand-alone entities. He is an IT executive and consultant with broad and deep experience in strategizing and managing fast paced IT transformation in mergers, divestitures, ERP implementations, and high growth companies. He has a unique combination of process experience, business insight, and experience in applying IT enabling solutions to provide business improvements with a broad industry background including manufacturing, distribution, life sciences, and technology companies.
- Deloitte Consulting - Specialist Leader, M&A and Restructuring Practice - Assisted clients in planning for and executing IT plans to achieve merger integration and divestiture goals and also was a contributor to "M&A IT Best Practices" published in 2013.
- Ernst & Young - Senior Manager Transaction Integration - Assisted clients with IT merger integration strategy, detailed planning, and execution.
- PricewaterhouseCoopers - Director - Specialized in IT and operational due diligence in support of mergers and acquisitions. Assisted clients in IT strategy, merger integration, regulatory compliance, and process improvement.
- US Office Products - Sr. VP IT Client Services - Responsibilities were IT strategy, governance, program management, consulting, implementation, process improvement.
- Meritus Consulting Services, JV of IBM and Coopers & Lybrand - Managing Associate - Responsible for process re-engineering, IT strategy, and IT performance improvement.
- Coopers & Lybrand - Manager - Assisted manufacturing clients with IT strategy and business process re-engineering.
- Chrysler Motors - Divisional IT Director - Implemented ERP in multiple Tier 1 auto supply plants. Managed a divisional data center and staff.
- Deloitte Haskins & Sells - Consultant - Assisted manufacturing clients with productivity improvement and ERP implementations.
- Performed over 200 IT and operational due diligence assessments of target acquisitions, recommending IT strategies, Day 1 and Day 100 action plans that limited risk, achieved accelerated transition, and supported synergy realization.
- Implemented IT triage plan and recommended long-term IT integration platform strategy for a PE portfolio company that supported substantial business growth without staff increases
- Prepared detailed Day 1 plans to support financial transparency and control for a complex carve-out and integration for a strategic buyer
- Led due diligence and integration for the acquisition of four flour mills for a Japanese strategic buyer to meet a 30 day close with no TSA other than LAN services.
- Perform IT due diligence for private equity and strategic buyers directly and through subcontract arrangements with accounting firms
- Created IT integration plans as part of due diligence for the combination of two computer hardware resellers. Led IT application integration execution through Day 1.
- Led the IT workstream in detailed planning of a divestiture of a $2B division of industrial products conglomerate.
- Created IT separation plan for the carve-out of a biotech division from a global pharmaceutical seller, including completely new applications and IT infrastructure. Involved carve-out of SAP ERP.
- Created IT separation plans and transition services requirements for the carve-out of a landscaping division from a large corporate parent
- Created a stand-alone entity from the carve-out of a medical products division. Specified transition services, and created an entirely new IT infrastructure and application portfolio. Supported outsourcing of IT services and the implementation of SAP.
- Led the carve-out and stand-up of a transportation services provider. Scope included separating all financial and operating systems, including Oracle financials and Business Intelligence.
- Completed phase II detailed IT and operational due diligence for clients in a variety of industries. Scope included applications, infrastructure, organization, and one-time and recurring costs.
- MBA, Finance & Accounting - Booth School of Business - The University of Chicago
- BA, English Literature - Michigan State University